So little time to write, but the thoughts and ideas never quit…
This will be uncomfortable, a little confusing perhaps, and yes, like the title states, really random. I just need to get a few things out of my head. Ideas come and go too quickly. I need to get them down and right now I am on my lunch break and I have some time. So why not?
I have to jot these things down now and again, not because they’re grand and wonderful kernels of literary treasure, no. I am under no illusion that I am on to something truly wonderful and earth-shattering. On the contrary, like everyone else, I’m slowly losing it. You never know when the well will run dry or, worse, I just start to forget everything. It’s happening already! (See below.)
- Isn’t it nice when someone else makes your lunch? It’s like a little surprise package that you get to open in the middle of the day. Yet, it still burns just the same as it did in elementary school when you realize you didn’t get exactly what you wanted! And then it hits you: “Crap! I made this lunch myself and I’m the one to blame because there’s no Sweet & Salty bar at the bottom of the bag.” Scary.
- Is it me, or did the refs at the end of last night’s game between Seattle & Green Bay look a little bit like two drowning men trying to signal the lifeguards on the beach?
- Is it fair and reasonable to reference a historic event in a political speech when you weren’t around to really see it? I mean, sure, maybe you were 5 or 6 years old when some hostile, foreign country came under new management, but does that mean you get to talk about it and refer to like you were there, like you really get it?
- I’ve started planning for the NaNoWriMo challenge. Yep, thought it would be a swell idea to try to get 75 6th graders to do this. I’m writing too, or will be. I guess I am crazy. Sure, it’s going to be a great experience and a wonderful learning opportunity and all that, but I’ve got to write 50,000 words, at least, in 30 days. Even if I can somehow find the time between family and work to write every single day, that’s still over 1,600 words a day.
- I wish I could go to the beach right now.
Anyway, randomness of thought and a bit whiny too. I guess I’m just trying to exercise my fingers.